I recently got back from a road trip to Sedona, Arizona and when I say it exceeded my expectations I mean it REALLY did. Prior to my trip I was in a bit of a mental funk due to health problems, stresses of starting a business, and other personal reasons, so a trip to Sedona sounded like the perfect mini escape.
When I got back I felt refreshed, motivated, and at peace. Ready to take on any challenge that came my way!
So here are my 4 reasons as to why you NEED to put Sedona on your bucket list! 🙂
1. Sedona is a Very Spiritual Place. Native Americans hold many places around Sedona to be sacred. “Regarded by Native Americans as sacred, Sedona continues to be recognized as a place of healing and spiritual renewal,” Visit Sedona said. “Many come to experience the vortex energy centers of Sedona.”No matter what, you are bound to get some rest and relaxation there. Sedona is home to “mystical bazaars” with psychic readers, yoga studios and spas offering massages, reiki and other healing therapies.
2. Endless Outdoor Adventure. Surrounded by 1.8 million acres of national forest land, four wilderness areas and two state parks, Sedona has so many things to do: hiking, biking, climbing, rafting, kayaking, you name it. With more than 120 trails in Sedona, there’s plenty to explore.
Here are some of my favorite National Parks and Trails:
- Red Rock State Park
- Boyton Canyon Trail
- Devil’s Bridge Trail
- Bell Rock
3. Stay and Play Year-Round. Sedona is beautiful all year long, including in the winter when snow occasionally dusts the red rocks. One might argue Sedona is even more beautiful in the winter. Its far less crowded in the winter months. And visitors will enjoy ample sunshine, mild temperatures and might even get the chance to see the red rocks dusted by snow. After a brisk hike or bike ride, visitors can unwind in the city’s funky boutiques, galleries and spas.
4. It’s Easy to Find Healthy Food Options. If you’re like me and plan your trips around cities that have healthy food options then Sedona is the place for you. I recently had a gastritis flare up before my trip and was anxious if I would find healthy food options for my anti-inflammatory, mostly plant based diet. Thankfully, there were SO many options. From plant based and organic eateries in Downtown Sedona to lots of healthy options at my hotel Enchantment Resort, I didn’t have to constantly be anxious trying to find food options that worked for me!
My favorite Eateries In Sedona:
- Che ah Chi
- Natural Grocers
- Local Juicery
- Berry Divine Acai Bowls
- Picazzo’s Organic Italian Kitchen
- Wildflower Bread Company
- Thai Spices Natural Restaurant
- Creekside American Bistro